We collect a plethora of items throughout our lives. Some make memories, some are gifts, some have sentimental value, while some are expensive. No matter what kind of articles you keep, they are all important. However, keeping all of them in our homes is not possible, and that’s when self-storage in Miami comes in. They are excellent for safely keeping your valuable belongings away from home, and you can pick them up whenever you need them.
Here is everything you need to know about self-storage security-
Why Do You Need to Check the Self-Storage Security?
Whether the items you keep in your rented self-storage unit are useful or not, you are storing them means they have some value to you. The reason you keep away things may be a change in your living status, relationship status, or lifestyle. In every case, you need to ensure that your belongings are kept safe behind your back. Thieves can easily cut a padlock, and strangers can enter your unit with the same key if the security systems are not good in your storage facility.
What are the Security Measures in an Ideal Self-Storage?
Now that you know why security measures are essential, here are some you should check when renting public storage in Miami-
- Full-time surveillance cameras: A good storage facility will have surveillance cameras operating 24×7 to ensure everyone in and out of the facility is recorded. The placements of cameras should be good to cover each unit separately as well. An operator should be available full-time to watch live camera feeds.
- Fully-fenced perimeter: The facility should have a wall built on its border. A fence will prevent thieves and pests from entering the campus.
- Password-controlled access: It is crucial to rent a storage facility where the units are protected by several accesses and only authorized personnel are allowed to enter. The entry should be password-protected so that everyone inputs their unique password to enter the facility.
- Controlled access to the units: The entrance to the units in Miami self-storage is computer-controlled. Every time someone enters their unique password to enter the unit, they are automatically logged in to the computer, and this record is saved for future assistance.
- Individual door locks: Every storage unit should have a separate lock and key that the manager provides to the renter. It is also preferred to have alarms to notify the renter of any potential break-in.
- Ample lighting: The self-storage in Miami should also have ample lighting to aid in camera recording. Every spot should be clearly lit to keep intruders away since they will not enter if they know they can be easily viewed.
- Maintained property: The property should be well-maintained and fully staffed to keep intruders away. A Miami storage without proper security measures will attract thieves, and your valuables will be prone to theft.
About Xtra Storage Companies
Store your precious antiques and valuables safely in climate-controlled self-storage units at Xtra Storage Companies. Our self-storage units are safe, affordable, and climate-controlled to maintain your articles in the best possible condition. We also have self-storage units of all sizes to meet your requirements. You can reach out to us by filling out our online contact form.