When it comes to storing your goods, we at Xtra Storage are here to offer the best-storing location for your products. Unfortunately, we cannot be there to help you when it comes to packing up your items we are unable to give you a helping hand. With that statement, we wanted to provide you with a little advice when it comes to knowing how to prepare your items for storage adequately.
– Furniture should be cleaned before storing. Include the vacuuming of cushions as to remove any potential crumbs.
– wrap cushions in plastic.
– do not place furniture directly onto the floor, use plastic or material to cushion bulky items.
– stack chairs seat to seat, separated by a piece of cloth or paper.
– place a cover over all furniture, especially sofas, recliners, etc.
Glass and Breakables
– utilize sturdy boxes for storing your fragile goods.
– protect your items by wrapping them individually in packing paper.
– sandwich fragile goods with dual layers of packing on the top and bottom of the box.
– place plates, saucers, and bowls on their sides to prevent any breakage.
– wrap pictures and mirrors in cardboard or proper picture/mirror carton
– wipe the item with a few drops of oil before storing to minimize rust.
– pack metal items away from goods that may be stained such as furniture.
– wrap silver in non-acid tissue paper or plastic bags can help reduce tarnishing.
– wipe chrome or cast iron with a little machine oil to help retard rust.
– ensure all of your electronic equipment is clean and dry before storing.
– make sure items above or on top of electronic equipment will not fall or damage the surfaces.
– make sure all white goods (refrigerators and freezers) are empty, clean and dry before storing.
– leave the doors slightly ajar as to prevent mold and mildew.
– it is best not to store other items inside of items as it can damage the interior.
Xtra Storage Spaces
The Xtra Storage Companies have been providing the best value in air-conditioned self-storage spaces for over 30 years. We pride ourselves on every-day low prices, no extra fees, and are friendly to our clients! We’re a self-storage company but look at ourselves as an extension of your home. Come by for a cup of coffee and a tour — if you would like to learn more about our rates or the sizes of our units, please give us a call today at (305) 677-1483. We offer small storage spaces that would be perfect for a few boxes if you’d like to clear out some dinnerware etc.!